May 2021 SAT Course (Saturday) *FULL*
Our SAT courses focus on developing a comprehensive understanding of the content and strategies students need to raise their scores. Over 18 hours, you will improve the reading comprehension, grammar, and mathematics skills that are most important to succeeding on the SAT.
What to Expect
- A mix of instruction covering the Reading, Writing & Language, and Mathematics sections. Specific topics will vary by session. Emphasis will be on high-yield topics, the mastery of which will be most likely to improve your score.
- Strategy overview and practice questions selected for applying and reinforcing key strategies.
- Official test content right from the College Board, plus work on our renowned self-paced program. All students will receive an Official SAT Study Guide, and will be provided with an account on our web-based program.
- Interactive question-and-answer opportunities with your instructor. Participation = progress!
- A review of homework assignments selected to help you practice and strengthen your skills.
- Sat Mar 20th1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
- Sat Mar 27th1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
- Sat Apr 10th1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
- Sat Apr 17th1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
- Sat Apr 24th1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
- Sat May 1st1:00 pm - 4:00 pmET
Frequently Asked Questions
What's included with the class?
- All students will receive an Official SAT Study Guide.
- You will be provided an account with access to our web-based program.
- Every Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m. we hosts full-length practice exams. You will be provided access to two practice exams on the day of your choice. Advanced registration is required.
Do I need to bring anything to the class?
- Your SAT guide (provided to you during the first class)
- A notebook or looseleaf binder to keep your notes and handouts organized
Will this class increase my score?
Our goal is to increase your SAT scores by 120-150 points. While there are no guarantees, we find that students who attend all classes, complete all assignments, and participate actively during class time achieve this level of improvement.
Taking our SAT course will also form a solid foundation for future work in smaller group or private tutoring settings.
Joe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from Molloy College and a Master of Science degree in biology from Western Governors University. He began his teaching career in 2007 as an ESL teacher in South Korea and Vietnam. After obtaining New York State certification in living environment and chemistry from CUNY Queens College, he began teaching high school biology and middle school general science. Currently he is an adult education teacher in New York City helping students obtain their HSE diplomas in order to enter college, trade school, or the workforce. Recently, he was named as an Adjunct Professor in Biology at Molloy College. Joe is a Level 2 Google Certified Educator with a wealth of experience teaching online and in-person. In his free time, Joe enjoys winding down by going "off the grid" and taking long road trips.
Self Paced Online Test Prep
Our online test prep program will help guide you through the test with online questions and videos that cover all aspects of the test.Learn More
Developing strategies that favor your personal learning style will make all the difference on test day. Our tutors help you do just that.Learn More
Advantage and Power Classes
Our Advantage Course is a comprehensive course covering all the stragies on the test. Our Power Courses are one night classes that focus on specific parts of the test.