Method Test Prep is seeking a PHP developer who’s comfortable working with both Laravel and WordPress. We currently have an online test prep application for both schools and individual students that helps users prepare for the ACT and SAT. We also have an online store where users can purchase classes both online and at our centers.
We have a small internal development team that we are looking to grow. We need another developer that can work closely with our development team to help maintain and improve our current WordPress site and store, as well as help shape the future of our online test prep application with Laravel.
Why Method Test Prep?
- We understand the importance of work-life balance
- Be a part of a small team of great people who love what they do and help make a significant impact on the future of the company
- Work remotely from your own home
- Opportunity for growth for both your skills and your position
- Get to work on a variety of different challenges
How you’ll spend your time
- Maintain and improve our WordPress website and store
- Manage our website’s SEO and continue to improve it
- Help build and manage our new online test prep application in Laravel
- 3+ years of PHP development experience
- Experience developing applications with at least one PHP web framework such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Symfony, or Zend
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of MySQL
- Solid understanding of responsive website design
- Proven team player who enjoys working with internal cross-functional departments
- Experience working in a hands-on, action-oriented culture, with a proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt to change quickly
- Experience working with Git
- Must be able to work independently from your own home
- Experience integrating Amazon Web Services as part of your application’s architecture
- Experience working in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience developing standards-compliant REST APIs
- Experience working with Linux via SSH
- Love of BBQ and Tex-Mex
- We would prefer if candidates were in the Houston/Galveston Texas area, but it is not required.
- We would prefer if candidates had at least 3 years of PHP experience.
- We would prefer if candidates had a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.